Message from the Board of Directors
Welcome to Southwest Louisiana, and to the website of the Southwest Louisiana Lodging Association (SLLA). We are delighted that you stopped by for a visit today. It gives us the opportunity to tell you a little bit about our organization. The purpose and vision of SLLA is the following:
- Further the advancement of the hotel/motel, bed and breakfast and campground industries.
- Operate exclusively for the purpose and object of assisting and encouraging the prosperity of the Lake Charles/SWLA membership.
- Support a broad and intense promotion of the tourist industry.
- Provide for educational, economic, political and ethical business information.
- Bring together and coordinate the efforts and forces of business, industry and political subdivisions.
Your visit also gives SLLA an opportunity to tell you a little bit about the structure of the organization. Our Association is geared toward a spirit of volunteerism, and toward trying to make our 5 point vision become a reality. To that end, we have monthly meetings to report to the membership on the activities of our 4 committees: Revenue Generation/Allied Membership, Industry Membership (Hotels, Casinos, Bed and Breakfast and Campgrounds), Education and Technology. At our meetings, we discuss resolutions the will make a difference in the industry and in the community, and we discuss ways that we can be more actively visible as representatives of the Hospitality Industry. And, of course, we discuss the value that a member can derive from being a part of a unified and vibrant association.
If you are interested in learning more, simply send us an email and we will make you a special guest at the next opportunity. Or if you are just passing through and looking for a great place to stay, click on one of the property photographs and go directly to their website to book a fabulous room. Please feel welcome to stay in SWLA.
Board of Directors